Inward Bound teaches us how to stay sane and productive in a challenging times
A Multi-Stage Classroom Experiential Workshop
The Inward Bound course is a series of indoor classes offered to anyone who seeks a greater sense of self empowerment and creativity in their life and relationships among family members, coworkers and fellow community members. Participants experience a combination of lectures, demonstrations, media presentations, and activities.
- Learn the scientific basis of the body-mind connection
- Understand the conscious and sub-conscious messages of body language
- Understand somatic analysis
- Learn to take insightful ‘inventory’ during challenging interactions
- Learn the difference between being in a reaction and being in a response
- Recognize subconscious triggers that interfere with clear communication
- Realize how breathing (or not breathing) affects your ability to be present
- Become aware of the ‘Thinker/Feeler/Doer’ archetype of how each communicates
- Learn the underlying behavioral patterns of ‘Push, Pull, Stop, and Allow’
- Appreciate healthy boundaries
By Learning the Specific Outcomes Listed Above, Participants Will be Able to:
- Apply the knowledge of body language and somatic analysis to enhance communication
- Practice moving from feeling reactive to being responsive
- Give examples of the Thinker/Feeler/Doer archetypes
- Demonstrate breath patterns that decrease tension and improve relational contact
- Apply ‘Push, Pull, Stop, and Allow’ in a variety of social and professional settings
- Demonstrate healthy boundaries
Who should attend this workshop?
Directors, Managers, Coaches, Teachers, Leaders, Sales and Business Professionals, Massage Therapists, Speakers, Counselors, and anyone who seeks to improve communication skills and enhance productivity in interpersonal and inner-personal relationships.
Proficient communicators receive information, understand and synthesize it and express themselves effectively and efficiently. Communication is most successful when we understand and respond to all the verbal and non-verbal cues.
Insightful and competent communication skills are a key to success in life, work and relationships.
Class sizes are limited; you’re encouraged to register early.
Inward Bound helped me begin to understand and accept myself without being caught up in “changing” something. It gave me the tools to effectively be in relationship with myself and others, “as I am”.
Icicle Creek Center for the Arts
7409 Icicle Rd.
Leavenworth, WA 98826