The Hero Within journey is an in-depth experiential course that explores the transformational work of Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Journey template and how that can empower us to bring more meaning and vitality to our daily life. The journey runs June 1st through June 28th. Materials that support the coursework includes discourse, essays, self study, poems, readings, self reflection, journaling, film, TED talks, and advisory groups. WHEN: The course will consist of one Saturday and one Sunday from 8:30 to ~ 4PM. This will be June 6th and 7th. There will also be a weekend retreat from Friday evening June 26th at 6PM through Sunday June 28th at ~3 PM. This is a residential retreat, as participants will stay over night. There are tent spaces and if medically necessary, a couple of indoor beds. WHERE: In and around Leavenworth and Plain. HOW: This is a nature based program and time will be spent outdoors, in the forests, on the hills, in the fields, by the water. The course is developed to accommodate all ages and physical capabilities. WHAT ELSE… All meals are provided during the retreat weekend. For June 6th and 7th we ask that you bring a sack lunch and snacks. DAY I JUNE 6TH. Check-in is 8:30-9:00 am It’s a full day so we will start promptly at 9:00 am. Prepare to be outside most of the day and for all weather. We will be in the forest on rough roads and trails. There is no refrigeration or electricity available and no access to the cars after we leave the yurt until we return at the end of the day so prepare to carry everything you need for the day. There is a port-a-potty but no other bathroom facilities available. There is no cell service. Please bring the following:
- Water, enough for the whole day. You’ll need more if it’s hot.
- Snacks and a sack lunch. The activities will create an appetite. Bring more than you think you’ll need.
- Comfortable clothes in layers. It may be cool in the morning, then, hot in the afternoon. Prepare for all weather. You may get dirty and wet.
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes, ones that can get wet. Bring spare socks.
- A hat, a raincoat or poncho, and work gloves may be useful.
- Notebooks, journal and pen or pencils.
- Medicines you need or may need.
- Mosquito/tick repellant. The little critters may be out. Sun screen.
- A portable, lightweight chair or spread to sit on. (Consider you’ll be carrying this quite a way, but it is highly recommended)
COST: $595.00 [notification type="notification_info"]We encourage you to learn more about the event, . Follow the link for more information about the event; MORE INFO PLEASE[/notification] [notification type="notification_mark"]Please note space is limited, early registration is suggested. If you're ready to go please CLICK HERE TO REGISTER and complete the short form and questionnaire.[/notification]